At the completion of the program you will be able to claim the title of ‘Licensed Career Decision Coach’.
Pre-requisite for coaches
This course is only available to those with qualifications or experience in working with others, in a support, therapy, counselling, facilitation, HR or coaching context. It is necessary to have the skills of working with people, an ability to tune into their world, to actively listen, and to direct a session with the right balance of authority and push, sensitivity and openness. With these skills already in place, the Career Coaching process is straighforward and easy to learn.
The operation of this license is dependant on your agreement to the following conditions.
This course is licensed to you, individually. The license is not transferable, and the course materials are supplied to you on the condition that you use them only for the professional consultation purposes for which they are designed. They are to be reproduced only for your use with clients, and for no other purpose.
The license to use the course is provided to you on a lifetime basis.
The items included in this course are as follows:
1. Proprietary Career Decision Coaching™ software. You will be supplied with a versions that run on your operating system – Mac, PC, or both if you wish. The software contains all steps involved, and support verbal scripts for each stage. It is personalised to you, and you will need to register it after 30 days.
2. Access to a customised PDF file which guides you through all steps in the session.
3. Access to a customisable file of Holland occupational categories.
4. PDF files consisting of background reference files and books for the coach.
6. Two sets of card sorts: a) 108 Transferable Skills cards; b) 33 Career Values cards. These can be used as physical cards, or done online using our customised webpage.
8. Access to a customised PDF file of all handouts (287 pages), which can also be used with remote clients.
9. Demonstration videos with associated commentary. You will receive a link to these videos to view on the internet.
All materials will be supplied through access to a download file.
Any bug reports for the software will be responded to by the supply of an updated version of the software.
Purchase and utilisation of this course does not indicate an ability to provide other services than Career Decision Coaching.
There are a number of ethical issues which accompany purchase and use of this license:
1. The Career Decision Coach will work within the limits of their competence.
2. If during the course of the work, the Career Decision Coach discovers the limits of their competence with the client, they will refer the client on to another suitable professional.
3. If at any point during the session, the Career Decision Coach determines that the client needs other types of support and that Career Decision Coaching is not suitable, they will inform the client and renegotiate the session.
4. The relationship with the client is a professional relationship, within which the welfare of the client is the Career Decision Coach’s primary concern.
5. The Career Decision Coach will act in a manner consistent with this recognition and not exploit or abuse clients financially, sexually, emotionally, politically or ideologically for his/her own personal advantage, his/her own needs, or the advantage of any other person or institution.
6. The Career Decision Coach is aware when other relationships or external commitments conflict with the interests of the client. Where such a conflict of interest exists, it is the responsibility of the Career Decision Coach to bring it openly into the professional relationship, and take necessary action to resolve the issue.
7. All exchanges between the Career Decision Coach and the client are regarded as confidential, subject to relevant national laws regarding issues of dangerousness, or child abuse in the case of minors.
8. Contracting with clients regarding the provision of services is explicit in relation to fees and location.
9. Advertising will be confined to descriptive statements about the service being provided. The title ‘Career Decision Coaching’ should be used to describe this service.